Welcome to The Salvation Army Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Division Social Services team! The New Staff Orientation has been designed with the objective of ensuring all new social services staff, regardless of position, is receiving standardized training and education as part of their orientation to their employment at The Salvation Army. This orientation is in addition to other Divisional and local orientation requirements.
This process was borne out of the Case Management Certification process and upon finishing this orientation staff will have completed over half the required hours for the current years Case Management Certification. You can read more about the annual Case Management Certification process here.
How Does it Work?
- Within the first 120 days of employment all new staff will complete each of the required face to face and self-study courses training.
- New staff are required to participate in a face to face Safe from Harm training and local policy & procedure training
- The self-study courses are comprised of viewing recorded webinar training and completing a brief quiz.
- The self-study courses have been selected from the Divisional training library to provide a standardized orientation for all new social services employees. Some of this information may be a refresher, depending on background and education, but this ensures a minimal baseline of training for all employees working in social services.
- Training will be tracked on the New Staff Orientation training documentation form. Once completed the documentation form will be submitted using the online submission form.
- Submissions will be reviewed and verified by WUM Social Services and then a certificate will be forwarded to the employee’s supervisor. Currently certificates are processed on a monthly basis.
Where to Start?
- Download & review the New Staff Orientation Documentation Form
- Begin completion of the required self-study courses.
- If you have additional questions please contact email@example.com.
New Staff Orientation Documents:
- New Staff Orientation Documentation Form
- New Staff Orientation Self-Study Links (includes copy and paste-able web links)
- Full Packet (includes overview, documentation form and self-study links in one easy to print document for new employees)