The Case Management Certification runs parallel to our fiscal year which means a new year starts today. The 2018 Case Management Certification year will run from October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017. This means all training must be participated in AND submitted during this time period. Review the information below for helpful reminders and tips or the new year!
- SELF-TRACK – Download the Self-Tracking Form TODAY! You are responsible for self-tracking your hours and ensuring all competency area requirements have been met. We will send quarterly statements to help you confirm your records match ours but we are unable to send individual updates on demand due to the high volume. You will always be contacted if there is any issue with a submission.
- SUBMIT RIGHT AWAY – Get in the habit of submitting your training as you participate rather than waiting for the end of the certification year and are scrambling to look for documentation and find its lost somewhere in your office (true story we’ve heard numerous times). We cannot provide credit for training without documentation.
- SELF-STUDY COURSES – Remember that only 50% of your required training hours can be from Self-Study Courses. These are not intended to be your primary training mode but to help fill in gaps and allow you to receive credit for trainings you were unable to attend live. If you participate in more than 15 total hours of training a minimum of 7.5 of your total training hours must be live training.
- LIVE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES – Make sure you are planning accordingly to take advantage of live training opportunities. The Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Division provides live training hours at the Divisional Social Services Conference (Oct 9-11, 2017) and through the monthly webinars. Safe From Harm, CPI, CPR/First Aid, WISP Training, etc also quality as live training hours. Be on the lookout for great local opportunities as well!
- REVIEW THE FAQ – Take a moment to review the FAQ pages to ensure you are up to date on how the process works. If you still have questions once reviewing the FAQ information please reach out to us at email@example.com.